Wednesday, December 16, 2015

WOODY THE WOODCHUCK SAVES CHRISTMAS!


I mentioned earlier this year, in my blog here, that I write fiction. I have been working on an action novel I shall probably e-publish under a pseudonym, and I have two children's eBooks for sale on Amazon.

One of them is a Christmas book. It's called "Woody The Woodchuck Saves Christmas".

It's for sale for 99 cents US on Amazon, and it's illustrated with over 20 original drawings. Here's a link to the page:

http://www.amazon.com/Woody-Woodchuck-Saves-Christmas-Campbell-ebook/dp/B00R1S2CXM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1450323581&sr=8-2&keywords=Woody+The+Woodchuck

I first got the idea to do the book when I found an owl puppet that my parents had purchased long ago that was going to be used as a gift -- but somehow got misplaced. Then a friend got me an elephant puppet, which would "talk" to my friend's grandkids -- and then I found a pig puppet I used to torment my friends and family with -- "No Pork! Pork is Bad!"


Soon after, I began collecting several more cheap hand puppets at dollar stores, and then I used a couple stuffed animals to entertain a friend's grandkids during holidays and get-togethers, by using them as puppets.

The 'Dancin' Pumpkin Man' who greets the door and said hello to the trick-or-treaters this Halloween, and last year, too.

I used a Jack 'O Lantern stuffed 'animal' / puppet to greet the local kids the past two Halloweens.

Woody sees the arrival of the mysterious Green Pigs From Mars.
In 2013 I decided to make a kids' Christmas book using some of these puppets and stuffed animals as characters -- not unlike the Winnie The Pooh books I grew up with when I was a kid (Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Eeyore were all stuffed animals that A.A. Milne in his stories).

Woody The Woodchuck.
After I learned to draw the characters, a story line began to take form. Woody the Woodchuck (a stuffed animal who sounds like Sylvester the Cat) and his friends save Christmas from the Green Pigs From Mars!

The Green Pigs From Mars arrive to destroy Christmas!
It's a fun little story, and those of you who have kids may enjoy reading it to them on your Kindle. If you don't have kids -- well, it still would make for enjoyable, light reading for the Christmas holiday season. And it's just 99 US cents.

I haven't made up a new story using my puppet characters yet: I started on an Easter one earlier this year but just ran out of story ideas.

Maybe I'll include Ball Cat in the next one. I don't know about that yet....

Hope all are having a good December so far, and for those who celebrate Christmas, I hope your Christmas season is going well.
C.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment