Sunday, May 3, 2015

ELEVEN LINE POEM



She sits, in awesome beauty
Her eyes a warming fire
Her smile a healing, soothing way
Which never ceases to inspire
Soft hair falls in tresses
Every word a sweet caress
Her every thought a feeling blessed
To feel her touch, to need no rest
To dream that I could play the role
To love and honor and protect
The one I know is best.

I found the eleven lines above on a sheet of paper which was shoved in a box of song lyrics in the closet.


I’d climb the highest mountain
Just to kiss your face
To heal all your sorrows
To help you find your place
To fill your heart with laughter
To love your every part
To feel your touch and hear your voice
To heal your broken heart.

I found the above lines on a different sheet of paper, shoved in the same box.

I'm not much for poetry -- although I like reading some of it, I don't write it well. Mostly it's just words for music. If the music doesn't come, then what you often get is flowery lines like the ones above.



No comments:

Post a Comment